Black Friday is fast approaching! If you don’t plan ahead, it can be both difficult and frustrating to try to get the best bang for your buck. If you’re a Black Friday rookie, and want to get the best prices on your favourite products, it’s going to take a little bit of simple organization.
Here are a few easy, sure fire ways to help you be a successful shopper on black Friday.
- Preparation is key. If you want to ensure that you get the best deals, you have got to put in some time to do research. You can look online, and in print. Try not to leave this until the last minute. It won’t take much time, and you’ll be glad that you did it. Make sure that you bring ads with you when you head out to the stores. Preparing a binder with neatly organized ads will save you time, stress and money.
- Get a head start. Many retailers have sales in the days leading up to black Friday, so don’t limit yourself to just one day. Go ahead, make it a week long mission.
- Following and liking never felt so good. Don’t neglect the Facebook pages and Twitter feeds of your favorite retailers. Liking Facebook pages and following Twitter feeds can let you in on some sweet promotions. Retailers like Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s and Nordstrom often will reward their customers’ loyalty by keeping you up to date with available sales, and coupons.
- Compare and contrast. Make sure when you find a product you like, that you check out if another store has the same item at a lower price. It is worth the extra few minutes to save yourself some money.
- Make sure that you are familiar with the return and price match policies at all the stores you shop at.
- Keep a reasonable budget. Going in to credit card debt right before Christmas time is probably not on you’re to do list, so make sure that you give yourself a reasonable budget to stick to. You can easily keep track of what you spend by keeping a shopping list/checklist with you while shopping. A sure fire way to make sure you stay within your budget while shopping in store is to leave the credit cards at home, and give yourself enough cash for your shopping trip so that you avoid overspending.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to start hunting for bargains. You can start by browsing through our top 20 section!
Good luck and have fun!